Cemetery Information

Cemetery Information

Medford Cemetery Department

Stephen Brogan, Superintendent, cemetery@medford-ma.gov
Christine Dattero, Principal Clerk, 781-393-2487.
Oak Grove Cemetery
230 Playstead Road
Medford, MA 02155

Salem Street Burial Ground

Located in Medford Square, between Salem St. and Riverside Ave. It was acquired by the town of Medford by May of 1717. The earliest stone is marked 1683. The last burial took place in 1881. Transcriptions of the graves are available at the Medford Public Library and the Medford Historical Society, and online at Findagrave.com.

Cross Street Burial Ground

Originally located on the west side of Cross Street. Burials were made here between 1816 and the early 1900s. The graves were all moved to a fenced off section of Oak Grove Cemetery in 1958 to make way for the construction of Rte. 93. Transcriptions of the graves are available at the Medford Historical Society.

Oak Grove Cemetery

Oak Grove Cemetery (map) was purchased by the town in 1852. According to Medford Past and Present – “there is no record of internments before 1886.” The cemetery is still in use today. 1,264 internments are listed on Findagrave.com. Call the cemetery department for other listings.


A website with alphabetical and geographical listings of the final resting places of celebrities and not-so-famous people around the world.