We love it when our library visitors write stories and want to share them with their community! We can help put those stories into books and add them to the Library collection. If your child has written a story and would like to add it to our collection, please read the following guidelines to get started.
- Books must be written on white, unlined paper.
- Paper size must be 11″x8.5″. Landscape orientation is preferred!
- Only use one side of the paper. This makes it easier to scan the pages!
- Books must be at least 24 pages long (not including the cover page) and include drawings/pictures.
- Books should include a cover page with the book title.
- If you are writing an informational picture book and using images found online instead of images you draw yourself, make sure that the images are non-copyright and in the public domain.
- Books must be fiction or non-fiction picture books only (no chapter books).
Finished books can be brought to the Children’s Desk. It will take us some time to format your book and have it bound, but once that process is complete, we will reach out to you so you can be the FIRST person to check out your book!
Have additional questions about the process? Email Maddi at email@example.com.