Additional Online Books
- Elizur Wright’s Appeals for the Middlesex Fells and Forests by Ellen Wright, 1893.
- History of the Town of Medford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, from its First Settlement, in 1630, to the Present Time, 1855 by Charles Brooks, 1855.
- Medford in the Revolution by Helen Tilden Wild, 1903
- Medford, Past and Present: 275th Anniversary of Medford, Massachusetts published by the Medford Mercury, 1905
- Old Ships and Ship-Building Days of Medford, 1630-1873 by Hall Gleason, 1936.
- Proceedings of the Celebration of the Two Hundred and Seventy-fifth Anniversary of the Settlement of Medford, Massachusetts, 1905.
- Register of Families Settled at the Town of Medford by William Henry Whitmore, 1855.
- The Tornado of 1851 in Medford, West Cambridge and Waltham, Middlesex County, Mass. by Reverend Charles Brooks, 1852.
- Vital Records of Medford, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850 by the New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1907.
- The Voice of a Tree from the Middlesex Fells by Elizur Wright, 1883.
- Your House in the Streetcar Suburb: The History & Care of Houses in Medford, Mass. prepared by Cynthia Howard, A.I.A., 1979.
- Walks and Rides in the Country Round about Boston by Edwin Monroe Bacon, 1897 (pp. 82-105).
Note: Access to some BPL resources requires an ecard which can be obtained on the BPL site. Click here for card information. BPL online resources include the following resources and many others:
- Hathi Digital Library Digitized books, government publications, and other documents from the collections of an international community of research libraries. All material is indexed and searchable. The Medford items include history books, city and business directories, annual reports, local and federal government documents.
- Boston Globe 1872-1988
- New York Times 1851-2016
- 19th Century US Newspapers