Access eBooks and Audiobooks through Libby
- Click here to access Libby
- Download the Libby App from the App Store or Google Play. The OverDrive App is also available for a limited time. Kindle Fire users should use the OverDrive App.
- Access Libby online at LibbyApp.com. Kindle Fire users can access Libby via streaming (not downloadable) at LibbyApp.com on the Kindle Fire Silk browser.
- How to use Libby (brochure).
- Libby Help (help menu).
- How to use Libby (videos).
- Click here for help with Kindle eReaders.
- Click here for help with Kindle Fire tablets.
- Click here to access Libby Extras (Great Courses, IndieFlix, Qello Concerts, Universal Class).
Click here to access Libby Extras (Great Courses, IndieFlix, Qello Concerts, Universal Class).
- The Great Courses offers engaging and understandable lectures by esteemed professors, professionals, and experts in history, science, language, and more.
- IndieFlix is a streaming movie service that offers access to pop culture favorites, box office hits, award-winning feature films, documentaries, and shorts.
- Qello Concerts by Stingray is the world’s largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand to just about any digital device.
- Universal Class brings libraries lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs).
You can use your Minuteman Library Network card to borrow titles from these participating Massachusetts Library Networks in Libby.
Be sure to register as a “Minuteman” patron with your Minuteman/Medford Public Library card on these other Massachusetts Library Networks or your library card will not be recognized by the other networks.
The OverDrive App has been discontinued.
What about the Minuteman OverDrive pages which patrons currently access through the MLN website (via “Digital Collection) or the online catalog?
The website interface of https://minuteman.
OverDrive access via the Minuteman Encore catalog will continue. Patrons will still be able to discover and borrow OverDrive content through the catalog and view their loans under the My eLibrary tab in MyAccount. Of note, some functionality, including the returning of OverDrive content, is not available through the My eLibrary tab in MyAccount and can only be performed at https://minuteman.
overdrive.com/, LibbyApp.com, or the Libby App (and, until February 2022, the OverDrive App).
If the OverDrive App is going away, will the company name (OverDrive) change?
There has been no indication anywhere of any plans to change the name, OverDrive.
Libby no longer works on iOS 9 and older iOS versions.
Patrons with older Apple devices may be unable to use the Libby App or website due to a recent change in iOS web certificate support. As of Sept 30, 2021, there are no longer any security certificates available for iOS 9 and older. As a result, Libby no longer works on iOS 9 and older iOS versions.
To access Libby, patrons need to upgrade their Apple devices to iOS 10 or newer. Unfortunately, if the Apple device is not eligible to upgrade beyond iOS 9, the patron will not be able to use Libby on that device. This is true for the web browser version of Libby as well as the app.
Patrons who encounter issues or security warnings while trying to use Libby on older Apple devices should upgrade their iOS. The change is due to Apple’s policy so OverDrive cannot take any further actions.
Note for patrons who are using the legacy OverDrive for Mac desktop app [the only way to transfer OverDrive audiobooks to iPods] need to stay on version iOS 10 – – the legacy OverDrive for Mac desktop app is only supported on macOS versions 10.12.1 through 10.14.